The Youth Executive Board (YEB) is a multi-district group of high school students who meet weekly to build bonds through team-building activities, learn how to use their power in positive ways to influence change, and work to fulfill their leadership and academic potential. Members learn about social and political advocacy, create yearlong service-learning projects to address the achievement gap, demonstrate positive leadership to other Equity Alliance MN afterschool program participants, and have FUN connecting with their peers across the Equity Alliance MN collaborative.
Mission: We are YOUTH using our voices to make decisions and inspire diversity in leadership.Core Values:
- Individual Leadership
- Building Genuine Relationships
- Racial and Cultural Understanding
- Educational Equity
- Priority Deadline is Saturday, July 20, 2019.
- Please click YEB Application for more details and to apply.
Qualifications to Join YEB:
- Must attend an Equity Alliance MN participating school district.
- Must be an incoming 9-12th grader for upcoming school year.
Expectations of All YEB Members:
- Attend Wednesday weekly meetings from September – June.
- Students are expected to attend all meetings.
- Students involved in other extracurricular activities such as other groups, athletics, theater, music, etc. must agree to miss practice/meetings on Wednesdays and will ONLY be excused for competitions or performances.
- Attend the YEB Overnight Retreat from Thursday-Saturday during the October Ed MN (MEA) break.
- Attend Equity Alliance MN Youth Retreats
- Attend all special events such as: WE Day, Martin Luther King Jr. Day, Youth Day at the Capital, etc.
- Write a letter to school district leaders and state legislators.
- Complete a service or service-learning project.
Transportation is provided for all YEB sessions: from your school to YEB, and to home.
Get the latest about Equity Alliance MN events, services, and latest news.