To close the achievement gap by preparing all students for college readiness and success in a global society.
What is AVID?
- Advancement Via Individual Determination
- A structured college preparatory system working directly with schools and districts
- A direct support structure for first-generation college goers, grades K-16
- A school-wide approach to curriculum and rigor
Who is in AVID?
The AVID student has academic potential:
- Average to high test scores
- 2.0-3.5 GPA
- College potential with support
- Desire and determination
The AVID student meets one or more of the following criteria:
- First to attend college
- Historically under-served in four-year colleges
- Low income
- Special circumstances
Get the latest about Equity Alliance MN events, services, and latest news.