With highly trained and certified instructors, Equity Alliance MN is dedicated to providing an array of professional and organizational development services that are designed WITH you to increase equity, racial, and cultural awareness and responsiveness in an effort to decrease opportunity and achievement gaps for students, including students of color, Native American students, and students living in poverty.
Our Listen2Lead: A Journey to Equity Consciousness Professional Development Series provides training in a customized way that aligns with district needs and is PELSB-Approved. The Equity Alliance MN series will take participants from Mindset to Race to Equity Leadership to better understand inequities including racial, gender, socioeconomic, and ability inequities and how to identify and combat these inequities within learning spaces.
- Understand how culture, power, and race impact self and others
- Be able to identify the impacts of racism in and out of the classroom (policies, special education referrals, AP/IB/Honors Section)
- Develop new language to enter racial discourse to address the racial opportunity gap
- Develop an understanding of culture, power, and race in the education system and other sectors: judicial, housing, health, and financial
- Be able to identify their role in identifying the inequities within schools
- Develop skills to identify, challenge, and interrupt persisting inequities within systems the individual works
Equity Alliance MN recognizes that it is challenging for districts to do alone, that is why we are here to support your work. While we have an outlined curriculum, we also recognize each district is unique and will work with you to provide customized supports and insight tailored to the equity and community needs of your district. Please reach out to us at 651-379-2679 or email us at email@example.com
Get the latest about Equity Alliance MN events, services, and latest news.