- Sense of belonging
- Community building
- Culturally relevant curriculum
- Funded through the MN Achievement and Integration Program
- Includes Equity Alliance MN members districts
Our goal: To provide and promote integrated learning opportunities for students, families and staff that support academic achievement and expand cultural understanding.
Classroom Partnerships are based on Minnesota Academic Standards
- Kindergarten: Self & Community
- 1st Grade: Literacy
- 2nd Grade: Expressing Culture Through Art
- 3rd Grade: Science (Environmental Energy)
- 4th Grade: Science (Engineering)
- 5th Grade: Language Arts
Through cooperative and project-based learning, students gain insight into their similarities and differences.Cooperative learning groups work together on team-building and problem solving activities.Trained facilitators lead students throughout the entire day of programming.Students meet three to four times during the school year.
Culturally Responsive Learning Environments
- Intentionally seek student voice and student engagement.
- Engage all students by providing a respectful climate where instruction and curriculum are designed to respond to the backgrounds and needs of all students.
- Ensure a positive and academically rigorous learning environment that engages all students.
- Adapt to the individual need of each student and encourage learning by promoting collaboration rather than isolation of learners.
Teachers and students use technology to keep their classrooms
connected throughout the school year.
- Videoconferencing: real time communication
- Shared Document Collaboration: using tools like Google, partnered classrooms share academic learning
- Podcasting: digital audio recordings
- VoiceThread: digital photos and audio recording
Note: Students are communicating in a highly structured environment with
To learn more, please contact us firstname.lastname@example.org or 651-379-2653
Get the latest about Equity Alliance MN events, services, and latest news.